1. A unit of pain intensity.
4. Extremely pleasing.
7. A large mass of ice floating at sea.
11. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
12. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
13. A Loloish language.
14. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
16. A detachment used for security or reconnaissance.
18. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
20. Informal terms for a mother.
25. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
27. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
28. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
30. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
31. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
33. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
34. A ductile malleable reddish-brown corrosion-resistant diamagnetic metallic element.
36. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
38. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
42. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
44. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
46. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
48. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
50. The cry made by sheep.
51. The basic unit of money in China.
52. A light touch or stroke.
53. A doctor's degree in education.
1. An informal term for a father.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
4. A linear unit of length equal to 12 inches or a third of a yard.
5. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
6. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
7. Sandwich filled with slices of bacon and tomato with lettuce.
8. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
9. A parallelogram with four equal sides.
10. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
15. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
17. Before noon.
19. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
21. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
22. The residue that remains when something is burned.
23. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
24. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
26. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
29. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
32. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
35. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
36. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
37. In bed.
39. A French abbot.
40. Wearing or provided with clothing.
41. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
45. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
47. An associate degree in nursing.
49. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.