1. A musical work that has been created.
5. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
12. (informal) Of the highest quality.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. The act of scanning.
15. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
16. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
17. Unknown god.
18. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
23. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
25. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
26. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
28. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
29. The cry made by sheep.
31. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
33. The capital and largest city of Japan.
35. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
38. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
39. Immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit of.
41. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
42. A sliver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum.
43. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
47. Late time of life.
49. Fiddler crabs.
51. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
52. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
53. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
54. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. A city in the European part of Russia.
4. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
5. A strong paper or thin cardboard with a smooth light brown finish made from e.g. Manila hemp.
6. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
7. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
8. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
9. Common Indian weaverbird.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
19. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
20. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
22. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
24. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
27. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
30. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
32. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.
34. In a manner differing from the usual or expected.
35. A city in the European part of Russia.
36. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
37. Jordan's port.
40. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
44. The month following July and preceding September.
45. A light touch or stroke.
46. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
48. A Mid-Atlantic state.
50. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.