1. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
4. A federally chartered corporation that purchases mortgages.
8. Kidney disease characterized by enlarged kidneys containing many cysts.
11. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
12. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
13. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
14. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
16. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
18. Before noon.
21. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
22. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
24. A person who makes deceitful pretenses.
26. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
27. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
30. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
33. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
34. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
35. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
37. 16 ounces.
39. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
40. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
43. An associate degree in applied science.
45. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
49. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
50. In bed.
51. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
52. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
53. A small cake leavened with yeast.
54. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
1. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
2. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
3. A licensed medical practitioner.
4. The United Nations agency concerned with the international organization of food and agriculture.
5. A state in New England.
6. Informal terms for a mother.
7. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
8. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
9. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
10. An informal term for a father.
15. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. A professional cook.
19. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
20. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
23. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
25. A sudden short attack.
28. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
29. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
31. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
32. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
36. English monk and scholar (672-735).
38. Common Indian weaverbird.
41. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
42. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
44. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
46. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
47. A young woman making her debut into society.
48. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
49. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.