1. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
4. Utter a high-pitched cry, characteristic of pigs.
8. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
11. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
12. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
13. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
14. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
15. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
17. Informal terms for a mother.
18. (South Africa) A small hill rising up from the African veld.
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
22. A state in midwestern United States.
23. A light touch or stroke.
24. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
28. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
29. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
30. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
36. A long-playing phonograph record.
39. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
40. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
45. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
46. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
47. How long something has existed.
48. Estrangement from god.
49. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
50. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
51. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
1. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
2. A river in central Italy rising in the Apennines and flowing through Florence and Pisa to the Ligurian Sea.
3. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
4. A severe or trying experience.
5. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
7. A radioactive transuranic element which has been synthesized.
8. A public promotion of some product or service.
9. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
10. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
16. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
19. 10 jiao equal 1 yuan.
20. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
26. A flexible container with a single opening.
27. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
31. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
32. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
33. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
34. A major European river carrying more traffic than any other river in the world.
35. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
37. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
42. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. A doctor's degree in education.