1. The United Nations agency concerned with the international collection of meteorological data.
4. A slick spokesperson who can turn any criticism to the advantage of their employer.
8. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
11. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
12. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
13. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
14. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
16. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
17. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
18. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
19. A public promotion of some product or service.
21. A flexible container with a single opening.
23. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
24. An associate degree in applied science.
26. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
28. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
31. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
32. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
35. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
36. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
37. An analytic or interpretive literary composition.
40. A small cake leavened with yeast.
47. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
48. Being nine more than ninety.
49. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
50. A three-tone Chadic language.
53. The sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage.
54. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
55. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
56. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
57. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. A blue dyestuff obtained from the woad plant.
2. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
3. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
4. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
5. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
6. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
7. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
8. A human limb.
9. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
15. The cry made by sheep.
20. Indigo bush.
22. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
25. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
27. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
29. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
30. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
33. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. Minor or subordinate.
38. United States minimalist painter (born in 1936).
39. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
40. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
41. In bed.
42. Of or relating to near the ear.
43. A radioactive transuranic element that is similar to uranium.
44. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
45. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
46. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
51. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
52. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.