1. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
4. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
7. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
11. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
12. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
13. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
14. A doctor's degree in education.
15. Empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk.
17. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
18. A public promotion of some product or service.
20. Make less active or intense.
22. An informal term for a father.
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
30. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
33. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
37. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
39. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
40. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
43. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
44. The force of workers available.
45. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
46. The sign language used in the United States.
47. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
48. A quantity of no importance.
49. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
1. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
2. A genus of Ploceidae.
3. Either extremity of something that has length.
4. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
5. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
6. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
7. A person forced to flee from home or country.
8. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
9. Singing jazz.
10. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
16. The capital of Croatia.
19. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
21. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
23. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
26. British informal term.
27. A son who has the same first name as his father.
29. An ancient country is southwestern Asia on the east coast of the Mediterranean.
31. Lower in esteem.
32. The vertical triangular wall between the sloping ends of gable roof.
34. In bed.
35. An unofficial association of people or groups.
36. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
38. By bad luck.
39. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
41. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
42. The cry made by sheep.