1. An informal term for a father.
5. An open box attached to a long pole handle.
8. Inquire about.
11. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
12. Noisy talk.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
15. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
16. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
17. An associate degree in nursing.
18. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
21. A woman's dress style that imitates the caftan cloaks worn by men in the Near East.
24. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
25. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
27. A territory in southwestern Germany formerly ruled by the counts palatine.
30. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
31. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
34. A state in midwestern United States.
36. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
37. Unknown god.
38. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
43. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
45. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
46. A doctor's degree in education.
47. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
48. The cry made by sheep.
1. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
2. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
3. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
4. A cylindrical spikelike inflorescence.
5. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
6. An awkward stupid person.
7. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
10. God of love and erotic desire.
19. French novelist.
20. Protective garment worn by surgeons during operations.
22. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
23. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
26. A light touch or stroke.
28. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
29. An ascocarp having the spore-bearing layer of cells (the hymenium) on a broad disklike receptacle.
32. Jordan's port.
33. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
35. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
36. An honorary degree in science.
39. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
40. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
41. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
42. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
43. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
44. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.