1. Any of various units of capacity.
4. The back side of the neck.
8. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
11. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
12. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
13. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
14. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
15. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
16. Give over.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
20. An enclosed space.
22. The cry made by sheep.
24. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
27. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
32. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.
35. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
42. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
43. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
44. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
45. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
46. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
47. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
48. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. Divulge information or secrets.
3. A boy or man.
4. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
5. Jordan's port.
6. Of a period of maximal use or demand or activity.
7. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
8. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
9. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
18. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
19. Lower in esteem.
21. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
25. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
26. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
28. Informal terms for a mother.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
30. Make less active or intense.
31. Given or having a specified name.
33. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
34. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
36. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
38. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
39. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
40. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
41. Being one hundred more than two hundred.