1. Stem of plants of the Gramineae.
5. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
8. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
11. Type genus of the Anatidae.
12. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
13. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
14. A caustic substance (Ca(OH)2) produced by heating limestone.
15. (computer science) The smallest discrete component of an image or picture on a CRT screen (usually a colored dot).
16. A periodic paperback publication.
17. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
19. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
22. The sacred city of Lamaism.
24. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
26. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
27. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
30. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
31. A public promotion of some product or service.
33. Evil or harmful in nature or influence.
35. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
38. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
39. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
42. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
43. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
44. Tropical Asian starlings.
45. A light touch or stroke.
46. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
47. Marked by the reception of pay.
48. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Not agitated.
2. Type genus of the family Unionidae.
3. The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet.
4. One thousandth of a second.
5. An inhabitant of Lappland.
6. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
7. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
8. A large fleet.
9. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
10. United States golfer who won many major golf tournaments (born in 1912).
18. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
20. A motley assortment of things.
21. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
23. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
25. City in northern Austria on the Danube.
28. (Mesopotamia) God of agriculture and earth.
29. The beach at a seaside resort.
32. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
34. (British) Colloquial terms for an umbrella.
36. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
37. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
40. Black tropical American cuckoo.
41. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.