1. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
4. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
7. Toward the mouth or oral region.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
13. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
14. A young woman making her debut into society.
15. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
16. Having an eye or eyes or eyelike feature especially as specified.
17. Not only so, but.
20. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
21. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
24. A motley assortment of things.
28. The cry made by sheep.
31. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
32. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
35. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying earth.
36. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
37. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. A public promotion of some product or service.
40. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
42. Type genus of the Anhimidae.
45. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
49. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
50. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
52. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
53. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
54. A decree that prohibits something.
55. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. A polite name for any woman.
2. American novelist (1909-1955).
3. A small cake leavened with yeast.
4. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
5. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
6. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
7. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
8. A column of light (as from a beacon).
9. In bed.
10. An informal term for a father.
18. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Hebrews.
19. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
22. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
23. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
25. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
26. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
27. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
29. A state in northwestern North America.
30. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
33. A port city in southwestern Iran.
34. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
39. Deciduous shrub of North America.
41. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
42. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
43. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
44. A French abbot.
46. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
47. A light touch or stroke.
48. A master's degree in business.