1. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
4. A Loloish language.
8. The sign language used in the United States.
11. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
12. Relatively deep or strong.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
15. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
16. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
17. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
18. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
20. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
23. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
25. The cry made by sheep.
27. (Greek mythology) A princess of Colchis who aided Jason in taking the Golden Fleece from her father.
31. A master's degree in business.
32. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
34. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
35. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
39. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
43. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
44. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
47. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
48. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
50. A small piece of cloth.
51. A secret society of white Southerners to resist Black emancipation.
52. With no effort to conceal.
53. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. A large number or amount.
2. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
3. An honorary law degree.
4. A public promotion of some product or service.
5. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
6. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
7. The month following March and preceding May.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. A fraudulent business scheme.
10. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
19. Having a ridge or shaped like a ridge or the keel of a ship.
21. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
22. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
26. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
28. A person forced to flee from home or country.
29. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
30. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
36. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
37. The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable.
38. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
40. A city in northern India.
41. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
42. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
45. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
46. Not divisible by two.
49. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
50. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.