1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. A person active in party politics.
7. Being five more than one hundred sixty.
11. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
12. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
13. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
14. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
15. A light touch or stroke.
16. (often followed by `for') Ardently or excessively desirous.
17. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
20. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
23. A small cake leavened with yeast.
26. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
29. Top part of an apron.
30. A doctor's degree in religion.
31. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
33. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
35. The cry made by sheep.
36. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
38. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
41. A Hindu prince or king in India.
45. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
47. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
50. A local computer network for communication between computers.
51. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
52. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
53. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
54. 10 grams.
55. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
56. An associate degree in applied science.
1. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
2. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
3. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
4. A genus of Ploceidae.
5. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
6. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
7. Largest crested screamer.
8. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
9. Being two more than forty.
10. Any of the Hindu sacred writing.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
19. Jordan's port.
21. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
22. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
24. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
25. Any of various units of capacity.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
34. A state in northwestern North America.
37. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
38. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
39. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
40. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
41. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
42. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
43. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
44. Type genus of the Anatidae.
46. A small piece of cloth.
48. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
49. A case for containing a set of articles.