1. (formerly) A title of respect for a man in Turkey or Egypt.
4. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
8. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
11. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
12. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
13. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
14. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
16. (informal) Roused to anger.
17. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
18. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
21. Informal terms for clothing.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
26. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
27. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
31. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
33. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
35. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
36. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
37. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
43. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
44. The cry made by sheep.
48. Fail to do something.
50. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
51. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
52. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
53. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
54. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
1. Divulge information or secrets.
2. A genus of Mustelidae.
3. Not only so, but.
4. One million periods per second.
5. A large fleet.
6. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
7. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
8. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
10. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
15. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
19. Wood of a sumac.
20. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
22. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
24. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
25. An associate degree in nursing.
28. Separated into parts or laid open or penetrated with a sharp edge or instrument.
29. A public promotion of some product or service.
30. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
32. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
34. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
38. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
39. The capital of Western Samoa.
40. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
41. A small cake leavened with yeast.
42. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
45. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
47. A boy or man.
48. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
49. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.