1. A city in northern India.
5. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
7. A speech defect that involves pronouncing s like voiceless th and z like voiced th.
11. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
12. A state in midwestern United States.
13. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
14. American novelist (1909-1955).
15. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
16. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
17. The cry made by sheep.
22. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
23. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
26. An associate degree in applied science.
28. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
29. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
31. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
32. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
37. An associate degree in nursing.
40. Agitation resulting from active worry.
41. A drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands.
43. (informal) Roused to anger.
46. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
47. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
48. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
49. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
50. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
51. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
52. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
3. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
4. Used of a single unit or thing.
5. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
6. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
7. A person afflicted with leprosy.
8. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
10. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
18. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
19. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
20. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
21. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
27. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
30. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
33. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
34. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
35. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
36. A city in central New York.
38. Type genus of the Nepidae.
39. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
42. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
44. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
45. A light touch or stroke.