1. A light touch or stroke.
4. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
11. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
12. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
14. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
15. The amount that a container (as a wine bottle or tank) lacks of being full.
17. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
20. An associate degree in nursing.
21. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
23. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
25. A doctor's degree in religion.
27. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
28. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
31. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
32. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
37. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
38. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
39. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
41. Having been read.
44. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
47. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
48. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
51. (informal) Of the highest quality.
52. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
53. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
1. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
2. A city in northwestern Syria.
3. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.
4. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
5. An informal term for a father.
6. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
7. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
8. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
9. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
10. Chief port of Yemen.
16. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
18. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
19. Greek mythology.
22. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
24. A telegram sent abroad.
26. 1/10 gram.
29. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
33. Apathy and inactivity in the practice of virtue (personified as one of the deadly sins).
34. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
35. Lower in esteem.
36. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
40. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
41. Towards the side away from the wind.
42. A French abbot.
43. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
45. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
46. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
49. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
50. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).