1. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
5. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
7. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
11. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
12. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
13. God of death.
14. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
15. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
17. A decree that prohibits something.
18. An associate degree in nursing.
19. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
21. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
23. Any of various units of capacity.
24. (informal) Of the highest quality.
26. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
29. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
30. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
32. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
34. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
36. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
40. A Russian river.
42. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
44. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
46. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
49. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
50. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
51. A fraudulent business scheme.
52. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
53. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
54. Type genus of the Majidae.
55. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
56. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
1. Sustentacular tissue that surrounds and supports neurons in the central nervous system.
2. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
3. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
4. Jordan's port.
5. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
6. Related to or located at the back.
7. Before noon.
8. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
9. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
10. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
16. The bill in a restaurant.
20. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
22. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
25. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
27. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
28. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
31. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
33. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
35. A deep opening in the earth's surface.
37. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
38. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
39. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
41. A small cake leavened with yeast.
42. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
43. God of love and erotic desire.
45. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
46. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
47. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
48. A pilgrimage to Mecca.