1. 30 to 300 gigahertz.
4. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
11. An affirmative.
12. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
13. The residue that remains when something is burned.
14. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
15. An elaborate song for solo voice.
16. Towards the side away from the wind.
17. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
19. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
24. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
27. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
29. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
31. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
34. A kind of person.
37. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
38. A genus of Ploceidae.
41. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
43. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
44. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
45. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
48. Extremely pleasing.
49. Tag the base runner to get him out.
50. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
51. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
1. Opinion or judgment.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. An agenda of things to do.
4. The cry made by sheep.
5. A city in northern India.
6. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
7. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
8. Round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games.
9. One thousandth of a second.
10. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
18. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
20. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
22. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
23. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
25. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
26. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
28. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
30. A monosaccharide sugar that contains the aldehyde group or is hemiacetal.
32. A fractional monetary unit in Bangladesh and India and Nepal and Pakistan.
33. An accountant certified by the state.
35. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
36. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
39. The highest level or degree attainable.
40. (British slang) Cafe.
41. (of champagne) Moderately dry.
42. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
46. A public promotion of some product or service.
47. An associate degree in nursing.