1. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
5. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
12. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. A French abbot.
15. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
16. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
17. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
20. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
23. A Russian river.
24. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
25. The herd of horses from which those to be used the next day are chosen.
27. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
30. Brittle flat bread eaten at Passover.
34. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
37. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
38. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
39. Extremely pleasing.
41. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
43. A circular segment of a curve.
45. A kind of person.
46. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
47. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
48. An associate degree in applied science.
1. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
4. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
5. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
6. English monk and scholar (672-735).
7. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
8. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
9. Common Indian weaverbird.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
18. (Scotland) A slope or hillside.
19. A unit of weight for precious stones = 200 mg.
21. A city in northern India.
22. An informal term for a father.
26. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
28. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
29. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
31. Any of various cycads of the genus Zamia.
32. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
33. United States film actor (born in 1956).
35. A small cake leavened with yeast.
36. In bed.
40. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
42. A sliver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum.
44. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.