1. The residue that remains when something is burned.
4. The men who man a ship or aircraft.
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
12. A Polynesian rain dance performed by a woman.
13. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
14. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
15. Very dark black.
16. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
17. A public promotion of some product or service.
20. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
21. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
22. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
25. Be abundant or plentiful.
30. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
32. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. An associate degree in nursing.
38. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
42. A drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands.
44. (informal) Of the highest quality.
47. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
48. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
49. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
50. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
51. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
52. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
53. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
2. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
3. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
4. Relatively low in price or charging low prices.
5. The basic unit of money in Russia.
6. Submerged freshwater perennials.
7. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
8. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
9. A small cake leavened with yeast.
10. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
18. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
19. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
23. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
24. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
26. The cry made by sheep.
27. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
28. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
29. A Mid-Atlantic state.
31. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
35. Type genus of the Nepidae.
36. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
37. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
39. Set down according to a plan.
40. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
41. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
43. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
45. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
46. A doctor's degree in education.