1. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
4. A book of the New Testament.
8. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
11. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
12. A person who acts and gets things done.
13. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
14. An informal term for a father.
16. Half the width of an em.
17. A state in northwestern North America.
18. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
20. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
21. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
24. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
28. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
34. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
35. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
37. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
39. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
41. Any federal law-enforcement officer.
42. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
43. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
44. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
1. A yellow quartz.
2. Of or relating to Iraq or its people or culture.
3. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
4. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
5. Large genus of African trees bearing kola nuts.
6. The small projection of a mammary gland.
7. A historical region in central and northern Yugoslavia.
8. Being one more than one hundred.
9. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
10. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
15. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
19. A small cake leavened with yeast.
22. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
23. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
25. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
26. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
27. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
29. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
30. An informal term for a father.
31. A spar rising aft from a mast to support the head of a quadrilateral fore-and-aft sail.
32. In bed.
33. A quantity of no importance.
36. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
38. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
40. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.