1. Take in solid food.
4. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
7. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
11. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
12. Extremely pleasing.
13. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
14. A period of time spent sleeping.
15. Of or belonging to an aecium.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
20. Used of a single unit or thing.
21. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
24. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
27. The capital of Croatia.
28. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
29. Being one more than one hundred.
30. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
35. A small cake leavened with yeast.
39. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
42. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
43. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
44. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
46. The residue that remains when something is burned.
47. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
48. English monk and scholar (672-735).
1. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
2. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
3. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.
4. Viscera and trimmings of a butchered animal often considered inedible by humans.
5. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
8. Type genus of the Amiidae.
9. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
10. Being the only one.
16. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
18. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
19. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
22. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
23. (informal British usage) Aggravation or aggression.
25. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
26. Before noon.
31. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
32. Make less active or intense.
33. Well grounded in logic or truth or having legal force.
34. Lower in esteem.
36. Type genus of the Anatidae.
37. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
38. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
40. A boy or man.
41. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
45. A Russian river.