1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. Wife or mistress of Zeus and mother of Apollo and Artemis in ancient mythology.
8. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
11. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
12. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. An onerous or difficult concern.
16. German chemist who did research on high-speed chemical reactions (born in 1927).
17. The civil and religious leader of a Muslim state.
19. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
20. Half the width of an em.
23. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
24. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
25. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
28. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
30. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
31. 16 ounces.
33. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
34. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
35. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
38. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
41. Not only so, but.
44. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
45. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
48. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
49. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
50. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
1. A small loosely aggregated mass of flocculent material suspended in or precipitated from a liquid.
2. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
3. Small spiny outgrowth on the wings of certain insects.
4. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
5. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
6. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
7. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
8. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
9. A yellow pungent volatile oil (trade name Agene) formerly used for bleaching and aging flour.
10. Obvious and dull.
15. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
22. A dark region of considerable extent on the surface of the moon.
26. A period of time spent sleeping.
27. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
29. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
32. An occurrence of thorough mixing.
36. An unofficial association of people or groups.
37. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
39. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
42. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
43. A light touch or stroke.
46. Unknown god.
47. The square of a body of any size of type.
48. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.