1. Tag the base runner to get him out.
4. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
8. (slang) A gangster's pistol.
11. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
12. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
14. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
15. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
16. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
17. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
18. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
22. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
24. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
29. The residue that remains when something is burned.
32. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
34. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
35. A soft silvery metallic element.
41. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
43. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
45. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
46. Being two more than fifty.
47. Very dark black.
48. A unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour.
49. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
50. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
51. Inquire about.
1. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
2. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
3. A small cake leavened with yeast.
4. A public promotion of some product or service.
5. A bottle with a stopper.
6. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
7. A doctor's degree in education.
8. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
9. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
10. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
19. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
20. An analytic or interpretive literary composition.
21. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
23. A periodic paperback publication.
25. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
26. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
30. German dramatist (1813-1863).
31. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
33. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
36. Take by theft.
37. A Russian river.
38. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
39. Armor plate that protects the chest.
40. Unpleasantly cool and humid.
42. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.