1. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
4. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
7. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
11. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
12. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
13. Type genus of the Anatidae.
14. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
15. (informal) Of the highest quality.
16. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
19. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
21. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
24. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
25. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
27. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
29. A Mid-Atlantic state.
30. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
31. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
33. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
38. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
42. Having a specified kind of border or edge.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
49. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
51. An associate degree in applied science.
52. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
53. A small cake leavened with yeast.
54. A state in midwestern United States.
1. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland.
4. Deciduous South African tree having large odd-pinnate leaves and profuse fragrant orange-yellow flowers.
5. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
6. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
7. A genus of Ploceidae.
8. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
9. Serving as or forming a base.
10. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
18. Type genus of the Caricaceae.
20. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
22. The cry made by sheep.
23. How long something has existed.
26. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
28. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
32. A machine-readable version of a standard dictionary.
34. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
35. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
36. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
37. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
39. A city in northern India.
40. South African term for `boss'.
41. A disreputable vagrant.
42. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
45. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
46. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
50. A Russian river.