1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
7. A fastener for a door or lid.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
13. Using speech rather than writing.
14. A police officer who investigates crimes.
15. Before noon.
16. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
20. Tall fast-moving dog breed.
24. A person forced to flee from home or country.
25. (used especially of persons) Having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age.
26. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
28. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
30. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
32. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
33. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
35. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
36. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
38. Of or relating to alga.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
46. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
47. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
48. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
49. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
51. The cry made by sheep.
52. An informal term for a father.
53. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
3. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
4. An uproarious party.
5. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
6. The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet.
7. A blind god.
8. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
9. A white powder with a pleasant taste and odor.
10. A cloth having a crisscross design.
18. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
19. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
22. Any of several creeping grasses of the genus Zoysia.
23. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
27. A doctor's degree in optometry.
29. Take something away by force or without the consent of the owner.
31. A major waterfall in southern Africa.
34. A resin used in adhesives and paints.
35. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
37. A small cake leavened with yeast.
38. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
39. In bed.
40. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
42. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
43. A French abbot.
45. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
50. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.