1. A master's degree in library science.
5. A light touch or stroke.
8. A unit of pressure.
11. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
12. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
13. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
14. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
15. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
18. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
20. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
22. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
26. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
27. A small cake leavened with yeast.
32. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
33. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
38. A member of a Caddo people formerly living in north central Texas.
42. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
45. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
49. A machine-readable version of a standard dictionary.
50. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
52. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
53. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
54. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
55. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
1. The Fate who cuts the thread of life.
2. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
3. A human limb.
4. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
5. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
6. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
7. Divulge information or secrets.
8. Jordan's port.
9. Hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees.
10. God of death.
19. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
21. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
23. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
25. A mountain in the Andes in Argentina (22,047 feet high).
28. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
29. A flexible container with a single opening.
30. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
31. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
34. A state in midwestern United States.
37. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
38. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
39. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
40. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
41. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
42. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
43. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
44. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
46. A successful stroke in an athletic contest (especially in baseball).
47. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
51. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.