1. How long something has existed.
4. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
8. (music) The pace of music measured by the number of beats occurring in 60 seconds.
11. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
12. A sudden short attack.
13. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
14. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
17. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
19. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
20. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
22. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
26. In bed.
30. A genus of Ploceidae.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. Praise, glorify, or honor.
38. A public promotion of some product or service.
40. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
41. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
44. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
48. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
50. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
53. Being one more than two.
54. A doctor's degree in education.
55. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
56. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
3. A town in north central Oklahoma.
4. (informal) Exceptionally good.
5. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
6. A resource.
7. A doctor's degree in religion.
8. Divulge information or secrets.
9. Of a period of maximal use or demand or activity.
10. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
15. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
16. Common Indian weaverbird.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
23. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
24. A state in north central United States.
25. A small cake leavened with yeast.
27. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
28. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
29. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
31. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
33. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
37. Fiddler crabs.
39. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
42. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
43. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
45. A slight amount or degree of difference.
46. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
47. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
49. Being two more than fifty.
50. A state in northwestern North America.
51. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
52. A state in northwestern North America.