1. Carbon fuel produced by distillation of coal.
5. (informal) Uncomplimentary terms for a policeman.
8. (Roman mythology) Goddess of abundance and fertility.
11. German industrialist who was the first in Germany to use an assembly line in manufacturing automobiles (1871-1948).
12. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
13. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
14. The compass point that is one point south of southeast.
15. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
16. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
17. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
19. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
21. A public promotion of some product or service.
22. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
25. Avatar of Vishnu.
27. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
30. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
31. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
34. Being nine more than ninety.
37. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
38. (Norse mythology) The heavenly dwelling of the Norse gods (the Aesir) and slain war heroes.
42. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
46. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
47. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
49. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
50. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
51. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
53. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
54. Late time of life.
55. Baby bed with high sides.
1. Pecuniary reimbursement to the winning party for the expenses of litigation.
2. A drama set to music.
3. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
4. Antineoplastic drug (trade name Elspar) sometimes used to treat lymphoblastic leukemia.
5. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
6. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
7. A genus of Ploceidae.
8. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
9. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
18. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
20. Before noon.
23. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
26. Informal terms for a mother.
28. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
29. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
32. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
33. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
35. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
39. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
40. Any competition.
41. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
42. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
43. The habitation of wild animals.
44. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
45. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
48. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
52. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.