1. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
4. The template for protein synthesis.
8. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. Not only so, but.
13. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
14. The basic unit of money in Romania.
15. Type genus of the Amiidae.
16. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
17. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
19. The superior of a group of nuns.
21. Tropical New World lizard with a long tail and large rectangular scales on the belly and a long tail.
23. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
24. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
26. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
30. The face or front of a building.
33. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
35. The cry made by sheep.
36. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
39. Mammary gland of bovids (cows and sheep and goats).
43. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
46. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
47. A set of two similar things considered as a unit.
48. How long something has existed.
49. Wet spongy ground of decomposing vegetation.
50. In or of the present month.
51. An informal term for a father.
52. Used of a single unit or thing.
1. A master's degree in library science.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Ending in a sharp point.
4. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
5. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
6. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
7. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
8. Roman statesman and philosopher who was and advisor to Nero (circa 4 BC - 65 AD).
9. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
10. A large number or amount.
18. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
20. Cut the head of.
22. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
25. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
27. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
32. Smeared thickly.
34. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
37. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
38. Channel into a new direction.
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. Very dark black.
42. A feeling of intense anger.
44. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
45. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
46. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.