1. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
5. Any of various units of capacity.
8. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
11. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
12. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
13. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
14. The sixth month of the civil year.
15. A light touch or stroke.
16. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
17. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
18. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
20. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
24. The cry made by sheep.
26. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
27. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
30. Squash bugs.
32. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
35. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
36. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
37. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
40. Arboreal snake of central and southern Africa whose bite is often fatal.
44. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
47. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
48. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
50. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
51. The residue that remains when something is burned.
52. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
53. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
2. An informal term for a father.
3. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
4. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
5. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
6. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
7. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
8. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
9. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
19. English monk and scholar (672-735).
21. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
22. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
23. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
25. An associate degree in nursing.
28. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
29. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
31. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
33. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
34. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
38. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
39. A vigorous blow.
40. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
41. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
42. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
43. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
45. A tight-fitting headdress.
46. How long something has existed.
47. A decree that prohibits something.
49. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.