1. A small island.
5. A bachelor's degree in religion.
7. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
11. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
12. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
13. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
14. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
16. A quantity of no importance.
17. A public promotion of some product or service.
19. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
21. Before noon.
22. The cry made by sheep.
24. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
26. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
28. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
30. A flexible container with a single opening.
33. Squash bugs.
36. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
38. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
40. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
41. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
42. Arboreal snake of central and southern Africa whose bite is often fatal.
46. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
50. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
51. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
53. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
54. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
55. A small cake leavened with yeast.
56. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
1. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
2. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
3. (Irish) The sea personified.
4. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
5. Call upon in supplication.
6. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
7. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
8. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
9. An informal term for a father.
10. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
15. Jordan's port.
18. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
20. 1/10 gram.
23. An associate degree in applied science.
25. Any of various units of capacity.
27. Extremely pleasing.
29. A light touch or stroke.
31. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
32. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
34. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
35. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
37. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
38. (Irish) The sea personified.
39. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
43. A heavy long-handled hammer used to drive stakes or wedges.
44. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
45. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
47. (music) The pace of music measured by the number of beats occurring in 60 seconds.
48. A state of southwestern India.
49. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
52. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.