1. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
4. A Hindu prince or king in India.
8. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
11. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
12. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
13. Used of a single unit or thing.
14. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
15. South American plant cultivated for its large fragrant trumpet-shaped flowers.
17. Jordan's port.
19. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
20. The bill in a restaurant.
22. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
25. A theory of strong interactions between elementary particles (including the interaction that binds protons and neutrons in the nucleus).
26. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
27. The capital of Croatia.
33. A case or sheath especially a pollen sac or moss capsule.
35. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
36. Being one more than two.
40. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
41. A three-year law degree.
43. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
44. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
45. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
46. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
1. An informal term for a father.
2. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
3. Enthusiastic approval.
4. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
5. A public promotion of some product or service.
6. Preserve of crushed fruit.
7. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
8. British writer of short stories (1870-1916).
9. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
10. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
18. French novelist.
21. Cause a floating log to rotate by treading.
23. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
24. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
28. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
29. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
30. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
31. A raised mark on the skin (as produced by the blow of a whip).
32. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
34. The handle of a sword or dagger.
37. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
38. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
39. A light touch or stroke.
42. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.