1. A member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times.
4. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
8. 10 grams.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
13. The fatty flesh of eel.
14. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
16. A small piece of cloth.
17. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
18. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
19. A light touch or stroke.
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. A small cake leavened with yeast.
27. The cry made by sheep.
29. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
31. By bad luck.
33. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
35. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
37. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
39. Lower in esteem.
43. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
46. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
47. Similar to the color of jade.
49. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
50. Goddess of fate.
51. In bed.
52. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
53. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. An informal term for a father.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
4. A long-playing phonograph record.
5. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
6. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
7. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
8. The habitation of wild animals.
9. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
10. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
15. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
20. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
22. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
23. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
24. Used of a single unit or thing.
26. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
28. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
30. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
32. Made afraid.
34. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
36. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
38. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
39. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
40. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
41. A deep orange-red variety of chalcedony.
42. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
44. A doctor's degree in education.
45. A decree that prohibits something.
46. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
48. A Mid-Atlantic state.