1. A notable achievement.
5. The cry made by sheep.
8. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
11. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
12. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
13. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
14. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
17. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
18. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
19. Informal terms for a mother.
20. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
25. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
27. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
29. The force of workers available.
32. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
36. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
37. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
38. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
44. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
45. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
49. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
51. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
52. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
53. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
54. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
1. An informal term for a father.
2. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
3. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
4. A dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
5. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
6. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
7. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
8. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
9. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
10. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
15. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
16. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
21. (informal) Of the highest quality.
22. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
23. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
24. A public promotion of some product or service.
26. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
28. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
30. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
31. A state in New England.
33. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
34. A state in midwestern United States.
35. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
39. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
40. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
41. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
42. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
43. A coffin along with its stand.
46. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
47. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
48. A flexible container with a single opening.
49. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
50. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.