1. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.
4. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
8. Inquire about.
11. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
12. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
16. A light touch or stroke.
17. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
18. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
20. Jordan's port.
22. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
24. A prosthesis that replaces a missing leg.
27. A federally sponsored corporation that insures accounts in national banks and other qualified institutions.
31. The cry made by sheep.
32. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
34. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
35. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
37. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
38. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
40. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
43. South African term for `boss'.
47. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
49. The handle of a weapon or tool.
52. An accountant certified by the state.
53. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
54. A French abbot.
55. Tag the base runner to get him out.
56. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
57. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
58. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
1. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
2. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
3. One thousandth of a second.
4. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
5. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
6. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
7. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
10. God of love and erotic desire.
15. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
19. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
21. An oral cephalosporin (trade names Keflex and Keflin and Keftab) commonly prescribe for mild to moderately severe infections of the skin or ears or throat or lungs or urinary tract.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
25. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
26. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
29. Being nine more than forty.
30. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
33. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
36. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
39. A small cake leavened with yeast.
40. (of champagne) Moderately dry.
41. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
42. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
43. A state in midwestern United States.
44. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
45. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
46. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
48. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
50. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
51. A police officer who investigates crimes.