1. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
4. The residue that remains when something is burned.
7. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
11. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
12. (informal) Of the highest quality.
13. Common Indian weaverbird.
14. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
15. Same in identity.
16. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
19. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
21. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
23. One of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping.
24. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
28. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
29. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
30. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
33. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
38. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
40. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
41. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
43. Singing jazz.
48. Wet spongy ground of decomposing vegetation.
49. A port in southwestern Scotland.
51. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
52. In or of the month preceding the present one.
53. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
54. (Norse mythology) God of war and strife and son of Odin.
1. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
2. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
3. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
4. An associate degree in applied science.
5. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
6. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
7. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
8. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
9. The eighth month of the civil year.
10. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
18. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
20. Type genus of the Amiidae.
22. A public promotion of some product or service.
25. A state in midwestern United States.
26. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
27. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
31. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
32. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
34. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
35. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
36. Very dark black.
37. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
39. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
42. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
44. The products of human creativity.
45. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
46. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
47. A light touch or stroke.
50. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.