1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
8. A depression in an otherwise level surface.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
13. Water frozen in the solid state.
14. A label made of cardboard or plastic or metal.
15. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
16. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
17. A public promotion of some product or service.
20. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
22. A telegram sent abroad.
23. A republic in northeastern Europe on the eastern coast of the Baltic Sea.
26. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
27. Ash-colored or anemic looking from illness or emotion.
29. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
31. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
32. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
33. Disparaging terms for the common people.
40. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. God of the earth.
46. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
47. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
48. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
49. An adherent of any branch of Taoism.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
3. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
4. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
5. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
6. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
7. Wool of the alpaca.
8. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
9. Of or relating to a seizure or convulsion.
10. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
18. A warning against certain acts.
19. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
21. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
24. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
25. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
28. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. In bed.
35. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
36. Offering fun and gaiety.
37. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
38. A small cake leavened with yeast.
39. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
42. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
43. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
45. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).