1. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
4. Flat tableland with steep edges.
8. Not reflecting light.
11. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
12. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
16. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
17. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
18. A public promotion of some product or service.
19. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
22. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
27. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
31. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
32. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
34. A small cake leavened with yeast.
36. (informal) Exceptionally good.
39. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
43. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
47. The habitation of wild animals.
49. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
50. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
51. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
52. Seed of a pea plant.
53. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
54. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
1. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
2. A vehicle mounted on runners and pulled by horses or dogs.
3. The cry made by sheep.
4. 300 to 3000 kilohertz.
5. A genus of Mustelidae.
6. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
7. An associate degree in applied science.
8. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
9. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
10. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
15. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
20. Divulge information or secrets.
21. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
23. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
24. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
25. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
26. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
28. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
33. A bachelor's degree in religion.
35. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
37. Any competition.
38. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
40. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
41. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
42. Baby bed with high sides.
44. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
45. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
48. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
49. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.