1. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
4. In bed.
8. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
13. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
14. The starting place for each hole on a golf course.
15. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
16. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
24. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
26. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
28. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
32. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
33. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
40. Wild sheep of semidesert regions in central Asia.
41. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
42. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
43. Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate.
45. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
46. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
47. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
48. Tag the base runner to get him out.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. (informal) Of the highest quality.
4. An associate degree in nursing.
5. A small cake leavened with yeast.
6. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
7. An informal term for a father.
8. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
9. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
10. A region of complete shadow resulting from total obstruction of light.
18. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
19. A flexible container with a single opening.
20. A Japanese shrub that resembles members of the genus Spiraea.
21. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
22. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
25. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
27. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
29. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
30. Towards the shore from the water.
31. A native of ancient Troy.
34. Using speech rather than writing.
35. Highly excited.
36. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
37. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
38. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
39. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
44. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.