1. Any of various units of capacity.
4. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
8. What you can repeat immediately after perceiving it.
11. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
12. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
13. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
14. The bill in a restaurant.
15. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
16. South African term for `boss'.
17. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
20. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
22. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
24. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
27. English actor noted for his portrayals of Shakespeare's great tragic characters (1789-1833).
30. A sudden very loud noise.
31. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
33. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
34. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. The act of scanning.
43. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
46. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
47. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
48. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
49. Having leadership guidance.
50. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
51. A small cake leavened with yeast.
52. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. (informal) Exceptionally good.
3. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
4. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
5. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
6. Second brightest star in Perseus.
7. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
8. A thrusting blow with a knife.
9. A drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands.
10. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
18. United States abolitionist (1786-1865).
19. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
21. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
23. Jordan's port.
25. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
26. A radioactive transuranic element.
28. A public promotion of some product or service.
29. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
32. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
37. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
38. An elaborate song for solo voice.
39. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
40. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
41. In bed.
42. A quantity of no importance.
44. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
45. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.