1. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
4. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
8. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
11. An accountant certified by the state.
12. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
13. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
14. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
15. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
16. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
18. (informal) Exceptionally good.
20. A state in northwestern North America.
22. A wound made by cutting.
23. A waste pipe that carries away sewage or surface water.
25. A small cake leavened with yeast.
28. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
32. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
33. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
36. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
37. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
41. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
45. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
46. Being two more than fifty.
49. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
50. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
52. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
53. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
54. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
55. The residue that remains when something is burned.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
3. God of death.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
6. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
7. Late time of life.
8. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
9. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
10. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
17. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
21. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
27. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
29. A form of address for a man.
30. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
31. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
34. An associate degree in applied science.
35. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
38. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
39. Praise, glorify, or honor.
40. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
42. Type genus of the Amiidae.
43. South African term for `boss'.
44. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
47. Being one more than two.
48. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
51. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.