1. Rectangular paving stone with curved top.
5. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. Wood heaped for burning a dead body as a funeral rite.
12. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
15. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
16. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
17. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
20. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
21. In bed.
23. A young woman making her debut into society.
25. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
27. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
30. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
35. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
41. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
43. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
44. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
46. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
47. Black tropical American cuckoo.
48. The distinctive form in which a thing is made.
49. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
1. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
2. Long-bodied long-tailed tropical American wildcat.
3. Relating to or characteristic of a tribe.
4. The starting place for each hole on a golf course.
5. A large fleet.
6. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
7. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
8. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
9. Common Indian weaverbird.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
18. Footwear usually with wooden soles.
19. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
22. A small cake leavened with yeast.
24. A decree that prohibits something.
26. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
28. A public promotion of some product or service.
29. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
33. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
34. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
35. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
36. The capital of Switzerland.
37. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
38. Type genus of the Anatidae.
39. A Russian river.
40. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
42. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
45. Being nine more than forty.