1. Standard time in the 8th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 120th meridian west.
4. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
8. Water soaked soil.
11. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
12. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
13. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
14. Type genus of the Corixidae.
16. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
17. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
19. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
22. Soft blue-gray mineral.
24. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
26. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
27. A small cake leavened with yeast.
29. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
31. Before noon.
32. A carriage consisting of two wheels and calash top.
35. An (apparently) flying object whose nature is unknown.
37. Not divisible by two.
40. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
43. Used of a single unit or thing.
44. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
45. In bed.
46. A doctor's degree in education.
47. Used of a single unit or thing.
48. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
2. A coarse obnoxious person.
3. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
4. A city of southeastern Mexico.
5. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
6. An expression of greeting.
7. A public promotion of some product or service.
8. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
9. Relating to or concerned with a city or densely populated area.
10. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
15. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
18. A city in northern India.
20. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
21. Inability to coordinate voluntary muscle movements.
23. An associate degree in nursing.
25. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
28. A landlocked principality in the Himalayas northeast of India.
30. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
33. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
34. Advanced in years.
36. The front of the head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear.
38. A small amount of residue.
39. An informal term for a father.
41. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
42. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
43. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.