1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
5. Noisy talk.
8. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
11. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
12. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
13. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
14. An informal term for a father.
15. Before noon.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
18. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
21. A public promotion of some product or service.
22. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
25. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
28. An organ in its earliest stage of development.
31. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
34. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
35. A quantity of no importance.
36. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
38. Jordan's port.
42. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
44. A metric unit of length equal to 100 meters.
46. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
47. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
51. An audiotape recording of sound.
52. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
53. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
2. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
3. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
4. Jordan's port.
5. Not only so, but.
6. A large fleet.
7. Unknown god.
8. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
9. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
10. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
16. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
19. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
20. Roman statesman and philosopher who was and advisor to Nero (circa 4 BC - 65 AD).
24. Russian country house.
26. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
27. A decree that prohibits something.
29. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
30. The square of a body of any size of type.
32. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
33. Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland.
37. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
38. A public promotion of some product or service.
39. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.
40. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
41. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
43. Explosive consisting of a yellow crystalline compound that is a flammable toxic derivative of toluene.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
48. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
49. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
50. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.