1. An honorary degree in science.
4. The bill in a restaurant.
7. The probability of a specified outcome.
11. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
14. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
15. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
17. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
18. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
20. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
21. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
22. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
25. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
28. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
30. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
33. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
36. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
37. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
38. 16 ounces.
45. An associate degree in applied science.
49. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
50. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
51. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
52. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
53. Winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge.
54. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
3. Made of fir or pine.
4. (Scot) A leather strap for punishing children.
5. How long something has existed.
6. A small cake leavened with yeast.
7. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
8. The habitation of wild animals.
9. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
10. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
16. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
19. (used of arms and legs) Bent outward with the joint away from the body.
23. An associate degree in nursing.
24. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
26. A public promotion of some product or service.
27. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
29. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
31. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
32. A bachelor's degree in religion.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
39. Common Indian weaverbird.
40. Using speech rather than writing.
41. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
42. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
43. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
44. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
46. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
47. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
48. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
49. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.