1. The sign language used in the United States.
4. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
7. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
11. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
12. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
13. Advanced in years.
14. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
15. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
16. A small cake leavened with yeast.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
19. The month following July and preceding September.
20. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
21. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
24. Many times at short intervals.
25. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
26. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
28. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
29. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
32. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
38. A negative.
41. (informal) Roused to anger.
42. How long something has existed.
43. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. The basic unit of money in Albania.
46. Relating to the Urdu language.
47. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
1. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
4. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
5. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
6. Spread or diffuse through.
7. The bill in a restaurant.
8. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
9. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
10. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
18. An unnaturally frenzied or distraught woman.
22. Type genus of the Anatidae.
23. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
27. Informal terms for a mother.
30. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
31. English economist (born in Austria) noted for work on the optimum allocation of resources (1899-1992).
33. Toward the mouth or oral region.
34. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
35. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
36. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
39. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
40. To make a mistake or be incorrect.