1. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
4. A vacuum tube in which a hot cathode emits a beam of electrons that pass through a high voltage anode and are focused or deflected before hitting a phosphorescent screen.
7. (trademark) A liquid that temporarily disables a person.
11. Fiddler crabs.
12. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. A decree that prohibits something.
15. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
16. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
17. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
19. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
21. A state in New England.
22. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
23. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
30. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
32. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
33. A resource.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
38. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
41. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
45. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
46. Being two more than fifty.
49. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
50. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
52. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
53. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
54. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
55. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. The lowest brass wind instrument.
2. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
3. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
4. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
5. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
6. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
7. The capital and largest city of Equatorial Guinea on the island of Bioko in the Gulf of Guinea.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. The protruding part of the lower jaw.
10. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
18. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
25. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. A flexible container with a single opening.
27. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
28. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
29. A bachelor's degree in religion.
31. Used of certain religious orders who wear shoes.
35. The cry made by sheep.
37. A public promotion of some product or service.
39. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
40. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
42. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
43. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
44. A city in northern India.
47. Being one more than two.
48. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
49. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
51. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.