1. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
4. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
8. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
11. The habitation of wild animals.
12. Type genus of the Pipidae.
13. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
14. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
15. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
16. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
17. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
19. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
21. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
23. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
24. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
27. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
31. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
32. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
35. An accountant certified by the state.
37. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
39. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
41. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
45. The airforce of Great Britain.
47. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
50. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
51. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
52. In bed.
53. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
54. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
55. A small cake leavened with yeast.
56. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
1. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
2. Not only so, but.
3. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
4. Select as an alternative.
5. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
6. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
7. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
8. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
9. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
10. An informal term for a father.
18. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
20. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
22. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
25. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
26. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
28. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
29. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
30. A bachelor's degree in religion.
33. The cry made by sheep.
36. A genus of Ploceidae.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
41. A state in midwestern United States.
42. An extravagantly enthusiastic review.
43. Belonging to some prior time.
44. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
46. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
48. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
49. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
50. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.