1. Sudden sharp painful emotion.
5. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
8. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
11. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
12. (informal) Of the highest quality.
13. The cry made by sheep.
14. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
16. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
17. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
18. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
19. A flexible container with a single opening.
21. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
23. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
25. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
28. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
30. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
32. A public promotion of some product or service.
33. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
34. A metric unit of length equal to ten meters.
37. Common Indian weaverbird.
43. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
44. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
46. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
48. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
49. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
50. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
51. The basic unit of money in Albania.
52. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
53. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
2. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
3. Large semi-evergreen tree of East India.
4. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
5. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
6. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
7. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
8. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
15. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
20. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
22. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
24. A genus of Ploceidae.
26. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
27. One million periods per second.
29. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
31. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
35. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
36. Molten rock in the earth's crust.
38. On or toward the lee.
39. Noisy talk.
40. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
41. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
42. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
45. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
47. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
48. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.