1. Make amends for.
4. Type genus of the Anatidae.
8. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
11. Step on it.
12. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
13. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
14. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
18. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
20. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
22. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
23. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
24. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
26. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
28. Occurring or done each day.
31. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
34. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
37. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
44. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
47. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
48. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
49. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
50. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
52. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
53. A group of African language in the Niger-Congo group spoken from the Ivory Coast east to Nigeria.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
3. Not only so, but.
4. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
5. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
6. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
7. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
8. The basic unit of money in Albania.
9. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
15. A light touch or stroke.
19. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
21. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
25. Above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
30. A soft silvery metallic element.
32. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
33. A public promotion of some product or service.
35. God of wealth and love.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
38. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
39. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
40. South African term for `boss'.
41. Devoid or partially devoid of light or brightness.
42. Again but in a new or different way.
43. A quantity of no importance.
45. The bill in a restaurant.
46. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).